Do you have operators that need training? Don’t know anyone that can train them? We can help. With over 20 years of experience training forklift operators, we can make sure your operators are equipped with the safety knowledge necessary for accident-free forklift operation.
Through our network of professional trainers, we offer training classes across the United States. Just give us a call and we’ll arrange all the details. No-fuss, no muss; just OSHA-compliant professional training.
Why do we train forklift operators?
- To save money:
Training saves on insurance costs. Reduces costly product damage. Lowers equipment repair costs. Reduces downtime.
- To create a safer working environment:
Training improves operator safety and performance by 70%. 70% to 90% of all accidents claimed to be caused by forklifts are caused by operator error.*
- To comply with government regulation:1910.178(l)(1)(i)
The employer shall ensure that each powered industrial truck operator is competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely, as demonstrated by the successful completion of the training and evaluation specified in this paragraph (l).1910.178(l)(1)(ii)
Prior to permitting an employee to operate a powered industrial truck (except for training purposes), the employer shall ensure that each operator has successfully completed the training required by this paragraph (l), except as permitted by paragraph (l)(5).
U.S. Department of Labor, Program Highlights Fact Sheet No. OSHA 92-36 NEW OSHA CIVIL PENALTIES POLICY A seven-fold increase in the maximum limits for OSHA civil monetary penalties as stipulated in the Budget Reconciliation Act passed by the 101st Congress.
The maximum allowable penalty is now $70,000 for each willful or repeated violation; and $7,000 for each serious or other-than-serious violation as well as $7,000 for each violation of the posting requirements and $7,000 for each day beyond a stated abatement date for failure to correct a violation.
The amounts are ceilings—not floors. However, in order to ensure that the most flagrant violators are in fact fined at an effective level, a minimum penalty of $5,000 for a willful violation of the OSH Act was adopted.
*Measuring the Effectiveness of an Industrial Lift Truck Safety Program” Harvey and Roger C. Jensen, Journal of Safety
OSHA-Compliant Forklift Safety Training
Our software-based solutions provide the easiest possible way to perform OSHA-compliant forklift safety training. You are just three easy steps from meeting OSHA’s forklift operator training requirements:
- Install our software.
- Enter your facility and forklift information into easy to understand and use screens.
- Perform your training class and hands-on evaluations. Everything you need from manuals to tests can be printed directly from our software. We even include information on how to teach the material!
Our latest and greatest, Forklift Training Pro 2019, is popular with businesses of all sizes. This package comes with all the materials you need to get your training done quickly and easily.
Included in the package is a DVD or VHS training video, valuable information on how to perform training, and our famous software. Easy to install and use, our software walks you through the process of customizing your training materials in order to meet OSHA requirements, and allows you to print as many copies of the manual as you’d like. Unlike our competitors, we don’t charge you for every manual. This is extremely valuable if you are training more than a couple of operators, or intend to perform refresher training anytime in the future, which of course you do.
It really is that easy! Anyone can do it. All instructions are included. You can have your operators trained and in compliance in no time!
Forklift Operator Training Classes
Forklift Training Pro is dedicated to pursuing excellence in forklift training and we are committed to a series of “Train the Trainer” seminars around the country. These seminars are designed to give you the training necessary to be able to teach with authority the principals of forklift safety and additional instruction on getting the most out of the Forklift Training Pro software. See the below list for dates and locations for upcoming classes. We will post additional dates and locations as soon as the arrangements are complete.
Do you belong to an organization or association where members or associates use forklifts in their day to day operations? Join associations like the Associated General Contractors and Associated Builders and Contractors whose chapters have taken advantage of the (in many cases free) “Train the Trainer” classes put on by the knowledgeable staff at Forklift Training Pro.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does our trainer have to be certified?
- No. Contrary to what most people believe, OSHA does not require that trainers be “certified.” 29 CFR 1910.178(l)(2)(iii) states, “All operator training and evaluation shall be conducted by persons who have the knowledge, training, and experience to train powered industrial truck operators and evaluate their competence.”
- How is Forklift Training Pro different than the other training programs on the market?
- Many programs tend to be a “one-size-fits-all” type of program and offer pre-packaged training materials. These sort of programs are very broad and do not offer the means necessary for employers to comply with OSHA’s site-specific and equipment specific training requirements. They supply generic training materials and then leave it up to the employer to figure out how to provide the required site-specific and equipment specific training. Forklift Training Pro was designed with the OSHA requirements in mind and assists the employer in creating custom training materials just for their facility and forklifts including training manuals, sign-in sheets, tests, evaluation forms and certificates of completion.
- What documentation do I need to keep in case of an OSHA inspection?
- As is always the case, the more documentation you have, the better. OSHA specifically requires that the employer certify that each operator has been trained and evaluated as required by 29 CFR 1910.178 (Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Powered Industrial Trucks). Forklift Training Pro allows you to print certificates of completion for all operators who have successfully completely the Forklift Training Pro program. We also suggest that you keep a copy of the sign-in sheet, tests and evaluation form (all part of our program).
- Will I have to purchase additional training materials for my class?
- No. Forklift Training Pro is designed to save you money. All you need is our program, your computer, paper, and a printer. You can print an unlimited number of manuals, tests, and certificates for your classes. If you acquire additional forklifts or your facility changes in any way, you can simply create new training materials based on your new equipment or facility.